- Advanced supernatural sound engine based on the flagship td-30; kd-9 kick pad with cloth head for great Feel and solid playability
- Sound QUALITY and expressiveness equivalent to the top-of-the-line V-Drums
- Simple, logical interface for easily swapping and customizing each drum and cymbal in a kit
- Pdx-100 10-inch mesh-head snare pad with support for positional sensing and rim Shot/cross stick playing
- Three mesh-head Tom pads: two pd-85bk 8-inch pads for rack toms and one pdx-100 10-inch pad for floor Tom. Stereo headphones: rh-300v
Are you a professional drummer who wants the very best and who’s willing to invest on a really high end drum kit? Well look no further, because the Roland TD-30KV-S V-Pro Series Electric Drum Kit is exactly what you need.
Specs and Features
This is going to be a very long list if we get into specifics, because the TD-30KV-S V-Pro is the Bugatti of electronic drum kits. With a price tag that’s above $8,000 you know the specifics aren’t really necessary. But here are the salient details at a glance:
- The appeal of the TD-30KV-S starts with the look. There’s no mistaking its impressive design. While you have options as to the color scheme, the TD-30KV-S looks as if it will feel at home on stage inside a rock arena.
- You don’t get small drum pads. You get drum pads that look like real drums and cymbals. It’s pretty complete. Only the hi-hat stand isn’t included, along with the kick pedal.
- The motion sensors are unbelievable, so you get absolutely realistic sounds as if you’re playing a real set of acoustic drums.
- You have more than a thousand instruments available for your use, with 80 preset kits to choose from. What’s more, you can customize the TD-30KV-S to an unbelievable degree. You can simulate having the mic overhead, or change the virtual mic position for each trigger to change the sound. There’s also an ambience feature you can easily tweak.
- It comes with a USB port for audio playback (wav or mp3 file) and a separate USB MIDI port for PC connectivity. You can of course play any song you want, and record it.
Pros and Cons
What’s there to say about the TD-30KV-S? All you need to do is to get a thesaurus and find all the superlative adjectives you can find. This thing is the very best there is, and its looks convey that without a doubt. When you use it, you’re not going to want to play another electronic drum kit.
The stability of the setup is also good and it’s very durable. Quite a few people who have bought the TD-30KV-S have been using it for many years, and they report that it works great even after a long period of use.
But it’s not entirely perfect. For one, the endless tweaking possibilities are going to eat up your time if you’re not careful. When the customization includes even the position of the mic, you know you’re going to need some time with the setup.
And what can really be aggravating is the fact that even with the $8,000 price tag, it is still missing the stand for the hi-hat and a kick pedal as well.
This drum kit is obviously suited for trustfund babies who don’t care about the price when they want to play drums, or for the pickiest music professionals who insist on the very best. That’s the bottom line. It performs impressively, but unless you can afford to spend this much money for a drum kit, you may be better off with other more affordable options.
Best Roland Drum
Our editors hand-picked these products based on our tests and reviews.
If you use our links to buy, we may get a commission, no extra cost to you at all (a win-win!)
- Next Generation Mesh Performance | All mesh drum heads deliver the most realistic, responsive and immersive playing experience modern drummers demand
- Premium Eight Piece Configuration | 8 inch dual zone snare pad, (3) 8 inch tom pads and (3) 10 inch cymbals: ride cymbal, hi hat, crash w/choke
- In Demand Sound | Nitro Drum Module with 40 ready to play classic and modern kits, 60 play along tracks and 350+ expertly curated sounds
- Powerful Educational Features | 60 built in play along tracks, sequencer, metronome, Aux input and performance recorder help to hone and develop your drum skills
- Everything You Need | 4 post aluminum rack, connection cables, drum sticks, drum key and power supply included
- Premium all-in-one monitor designed for use with V-Drums electronic percussion products
- Full-range audio system with 80 watts of power, custom 10-inch speaker, and tweeter
- Angled design provides ideal sound coverage for the seated player
- Integrated mixer with independent volume controls and global EQ
- Dedicated V-Drums input, plus 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch line inputs for connecting electronic percussion pads, smartphones, and music players
- The essential tools to improve your drumming
- The td-17 includes a variety of expressive modelled drum sounds inherited from the flagship td-50
- An array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation
- You can expand your td-17 by adding an extra Crash cymbal or second snare
- Components include: sound module: td-17 x 1; snare: pdx-12 x 1; Tom: pdx-8 x 3; hi-hat: cy-5 x 1; hi-hat control pedal: fd-9 x 1; Crash: cy-8 x 1; Ride: cy-8 x 1; Kick: kd-10 x 1; drum stand: mds-4v x 1
- Dual-ply mesh heads with tension adjustability for a quiet and realistic drumming experience
- 256 notes of polyphony
- 15 preset drum kits with authentic, expressive drum sounds for accurate and true-to-life drumming
- Built-in metronome with adjustable tempo and timing settings to help improve timing
- Kit includes Kick, Snare, Hi-hat, Hi-hat control pedal, Tom x 3, Crash, Ride, Drum stand. Other accessories such as kick pedal and personal drum monitor are sold separately.
- Flagship V-Drums with advanced sensing technology and SuperNATURAL sounds
- Expressive and accurate playability produced by Behavior Modeling
- Professional V-Edit mode for customizing sounds
- Solid stage set with metallic gray and black-chrome color finish
- Hi-hat Stand, Hi-Hat Pedal, Kick Pedal and Snare Stand are not included