- Advanced supernatural sound engine based on the flagship td-30; kd-9 kick pad with cloth head for great Feel and solid playability
- Sound QUALITY and expressiveness equivalent to the top-of-the-line V-Drums
- Simple, logical interface for easily swapping and customizing each drum and cymbal in a kit
- Pdx-100 10-inch mesh-head snare pad with support for positional sensing and rim Shot/cross stick playing
- Three mesh-head Tom pads: two pd-85bk 8-inch pads for rack toms and one pdx-100 10-inch pad for floor Tom. Stereo headphones: rh-300v
Are you a professional drummer who wants the very best and who’s willing to invest on a really high end drum kit? Well look no further, because the Roland TD-30KV-S V-Pro Series Electric Drum Kit is exactly what you need.
Specs and Features
This is going to be a very long list if we get into specifics, because the TD-30KV-S V-Pro is the Bugatti of electronic drum kits. With a price tag that’s above $8,000 you know the specifics aren’t really necessary. But here are the salient details at a glance:
- The appeal of the TD-30KV-S starts with the look. There’s no mistaking its impressive design. While you have options as to the color scheme, the TD-30KV-S looks as if it will feel at home on stage inside a rock arena.
- You don’t get small drum pads. You get drum pads that look like real drums and cymbals. It’s pretty complete. Only the hi-hat stand isn’t included, along with the kick pedal.
- The motion sensors are unbelievable, so you get absolutely realistic sounds as if you’re playing a real set of acoustic drums.
- You have more than a thousand instruments available for your use, with 80 preset kits to choose from. What’s more, you can customize the TD-30KV-S to an unbelievable degree. You can simulate having the mic overhead, or change the virtual mic position for each trigger to change the sound. There’s also an ambience feature you can easily tweak.
- It comes with a USB port for audio playback (wav or mp3 file) and a separate USB MIDI port for PC connectivity. You can of course play any song you want, and record it.
Pros and Cons
What’s there to say about the TD-30KV-S? All you need to do is to get a thesaurus and find all the superlative adjectives you can find. This thing is the very best there is, and its looks convey that without a doubt. When you use it, you’re not going to want to play another electronic drum kit.
The stability of the setup is also good and it’s very durable. Quite a few people who have bought the TD-30KV-S have been using it for many years, and they report that it works great even after a long period of use.
But it’s not entirely perfect. For one, the endless tweaking possibilities are going to eat up your time if you’re not careful. When the customization includes even the position of the mic, you know you’re going to need some time with the setup.
And what can really be aggravating is the fact that even with the $8,000 price tag, it is still missing the stand for the hi-hat and a kick pedal as well.
This drum kit is obviously suited for trustfund babies who don’t care about the price when they want to play drums, or for the pickiest music professionals who insist on the very best. That’s the bottom line. It performs impressively, but unless you can afford to spend this much money for a drum kit, you may be better off with other more affordable options.
Best Roland Drum
Our editors hand-picked these products based on our tests and reviews.
If you use our links to buy, we may get a commission, no extra cost to you at all (a win-win!)
- Next Generation Mesh Performance | All mesh drum heads deliver the most realistic, responsive and immersive playing experience modern drummers demand
- Premium Eight Piece Configuration | 8 inch dual zone snare pad, (3) 8 inch tom pads and (3) 10 inch cymbals: ride cymbal, hi hat, crash w/choke
- In Demand Sound | Nitro Drum Module with 40 ready to play classic and modern kits, 60 play along tracks and 350+ expertly curated sounds
- Powerful Educational Features | 60 built in play along tracks, sequencer, metronome, Aux input and performance recorder help to hone and develop your drum skills
- Everything You Need | 4 post aluminum rack, connection cables, drum sticks, drum key and power supply included
- Natural Feel, Premium Response | 8 inch mesh kick drum tower with kick drum pedal (included), 10 inch dual zone mesh snare and three 8 inch dual zone mesh tom pads
- Express Yourself | (3) 10 inch cymbals: ride cymbal, hi hat, crash w/choke
- In-Demand Sound | Surge Drum Module with 40 kits, 60 play along tracks and 385 sounds
- Connectivity Covered | Inbuilt Sequencer to record your own playing, connect your mp3 player to the Aux input for jamming to your favourite tracks or record / control MIDI using on board USB / MIDI inputs / outputs
- Everything You Need | 4 post chrome rack, connection cables, drum sticks, drum key and power supply included
- Lightweight 10" mesh head V-Pad for V-Drums
- Features advanced dual-trigger sensor, a metal rim hoop, a tensionable head, and a compact casing
- For perfect positioning, the dual-mounting capability increases your setup versatility
- Ideal for use as snare and/or floor tom pads with the TD-30K, TD-25KV, TD-15KV, and other V-Drums
- Premium all-in-one monitor designed for use with V-Drums electronic percussion products
- Full-range audio system with 80 watts of power, custom 10-inch speaker, and tweeter
- Angled design provides ideal sound coverage for the seated player
- Integrated mixer with independent volume controls and global EQ
- Dedicated V-Drums input, plus 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch line inputs for connecting electronic percussion pads, smartphones, and music players
- KIT INCLUDES: Roland TD-17 Drum Sound Module |PDX-12 2-Ply Mesh Head Snare Pad |3x PDX-8 2-Ply Mesh Head Tom Pads |Kick Pad |Hi-Hat Cymbal |2x CY-12C Crash Cymbal |CY-13R Ride Cymbal |MDS-4V Drum Stand |Sound Module Mount |AC Adaptor |Special Connection Cable |Connection Cable |Drum Key |Knob Bolt |Absorption Plate / Lockable Tie |1 Year Parts and 90 Day Labor Year Warranty |Roland PM-100 80W Drum Monitor |3x H&A Drum Sticks Pair |H&A Drum Throne |H&A Closed-Back Studio Monitor Headphones
- BECOME A BETTER DRUMMER FASTER: When you're serious about drumming, you need a kit to match your ambition. The V-Drums TD-17 series lets your technique shine through, backed up with training tools to push you further. Combining a TD-50-class sound engine with newly developed pads results in an affordable electronic drum kit that's authentically close to playing acoustic drums - accurately mirroring the physical movement, stick coordination and hand/foot control that every drummer needs.
- AUTHENTIC PLAYING FEEL AND SKILL-BUILDING TOOLS: If you regularly play acoustic drums, you shouldn't have to change your playing style to use an electronic drum kit. You can use the same playing techniques you'd use on an acoustic kit, without compromise, thanks to the large 12" snare and a natural feeling hi-hat that can even be mounted on an acoustic hi-hat stand.
- Natural, rich and dynamic drum sounds, inherited from flagship TD-50 sound engine
- Learn expressive foot control and pedal technique with the included KD-10 Kick pad