- Advanced supernatural sound engine based on the flagship td-30; kd-9 kick pad with cloth head for great Feel and solid playability
- Sound QUALITY and expressiveness equivalent to the top-of-the-line V-Drums
- Simple, logical interface for easily swapping and customizing each drum and cymbal in a kit
- Pdx-100 10-inch mesh-head snare pad with support for positional sensing and rim Shot/cross stick playing
- Three mesh-head Tom pads: two pd-85bk 8-inch pads for rack toms and one pdx-100 10-inch pad for floor Tom. Stereo headphones: rh-300v
With Roland, the ultimate example of the best electronic drum kit is the vaunted TD-30KV-S. Unfortunately, the stratospheric price of this model makes it out of reach to mere mortals. But if you want something that’s almost as good but for a lot less, you can just get the Roland TD-30K-S V-DRUM V-Pro Series. The TD-30K-S (no V) is almost as good, so logically speaking it offers better value for your money.
Specs and Features of the TD-30K-S
The specification and features of the TD-30K-S will be very familiar to those who lusted over the TD-30KV-S:
- You get exquisite prerecorded sound samples which truly seem as if it is live and real.
- The sensing technology is very advanced, so it can play sounds according to how you play.
- The module enables you to edit the sounds according to your custom preferences.
- The two-up and two-down toms configuration is used, and it includes the snare drum pad although the snare stand is an additional purchase. The bass pedal is not included as well.
- The MDS-30 rack set is included. It’s not just stable, but it is also great-looking with the black-chrome and metallic gray finish.
Pros and Cons
The TD-30K-S sounds so real you’ll think it’s the real thing. And it’s also way cheaper than the TD-30KV-S. Basically, you’ll save at least $3000 by choosing the TD-30K-S which is smaller and a bit less sensitive than its more expensive sibling.
There’s a lot of fun to be had from this thing, as you’ll have a lot of variety with the sound. What’s more, the versatility is astounding. You can play very softly, or bang the drums aggressively, and the appropriate sound will come up. It’s like having a real acoustic drum set (and a good one at that) except you can turn down the volume, listen to the sound with your headphones, and record more conveniently without having to position the microphones.
There’s really nothing to complain about with the TD-30K-S. The sound is great, you have lots of customization options to choose from, and the sensitivity is still better than the vast majority of drum kits out there. The durability and stability is fantastic, and you can expect many years of reliable service.
Of course, we can still complain about the price tag but at least the bang for the buck value is better. Let’s put it this way – if the grade of its more expensive sibling is 99, then the TD-30K-S scores a 97. Are you willing to pay double just to get those two extra points?
Also, why can’t they include the hi-hat stand and the bass pedal as well? At this price range, this is not an unreasonable request.
The TD-30K-S is really a very professional drum kit in terms of appearance, play, sensitivity, versatility, and durability. This is the most reasonable investment if you want something that’s close to the best without paying a truly outrageous sum of money
Best Roland V-Drums
Our editors hand-picked these products based on our tests and reviews.
If you use our links to buy, we may get a commission, no extra cost to you at all (a win-win!)
- High-quality sound that's optimized for the extended frequency response and wide dynamic range of V-Drums and other Roland electronic percussion
- Soft cushion on head strap provides a comfortable and secure fit that stays in place while drumming
- Closed-back, circumaural design fits around the ears for excellent isolation from outside sounds
- Long (2.5 meter) straight cord for connection convenience and playing comfort
- Gold-plated 1/8-inch (3.5 mm) stereo mini plug with included 1/4-inch (6.35 mm) threaded adapter
- Premium all-in-one monitor designed for use with V-Drums electronic percussion products
- Full-range audio system with 80 watts of power, custom 10-inch speaker, and tweeter
- Angled design provides ideal sound coverage for the seated player
- Integrated mixer with independent volume controls and global EQ
- Dedicated V-Drums input, plus 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch line inputs for connecting electronic percussion pads, smartphones, and music players
- Improved Cymbal Pad for Hi-Hat or Splash
- 10" playing zone
- Separate bow and edge triggering
- Can be also used as an additional cymbal pad, such as a splash, on V-Drum kits
- The essential tools to improve your drumming
- The td-17 includes a variety of expressive modelled drum sounds inherited from the flagship td-50
- An array of built-in coaching functions will track your technique, measure your progress and increase your motivation
- You can expand your td-17 by adding an extra Crash cymbal or second snare
- Components include: sound module: td-17 x 1; snare: pdx-12 x 1; Tom: pdx-8 x 3; hi-hat: cy-5 x 1; hi-hat control pedal: fd-9 x 1; Crash: cy-8 x 1; Ride: cy-8 x 1; Kick: kd-10 x 1; drum stand: mds-4v x 1
- Heavy-duty double kick drum pedal
- Built-in Noise Eater technology
- Versatile extended linkage design
- Self-aligning beaters
- Compatible with Roland kick trigger pads that support double pedals